I just completed several spots for the Utah Health Department in conjunction with the organization who does "The Truth" campaign. These spots were specifically targeted towards the Latino community here in Utah. We followed four Latinos who were trying to quit smoking for several months. From the footage, we created several documentary style commercials for each person. They have been airing on TV for the last several months. Now the subtitled versions are playing on English speaking channels. A half hour documentary is currently playing on stations such as Univision and Telemundo. I really enjoyed spending time with these four individuals.
Check out one of the spots here: http://www.fiftyfilms.com/The_Truth.html
We did not plan on having the spot have this specific concept. Margarita coughed during almost every take. The Creative Director and I thought about taking all of her coughs and linking them together and this spot is the result of that idea. The following week we came to film her again and found out she had gone to the emergency room a few hours after we left her because of her cough and was not breathing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment